Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-03159D.22091920052024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: update, was: no, "MeTV", we do NOT want "Meet the Press". Bring back the Flintstones
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 22:09:19 -0700

In article <kb5o4j112j8r796mtsb7ijsl5fv877qtkb@4ax.com>,

> On Mon, 20 May 2024 20:19:36 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <v2gue7$46s$1@reader1.panix.com>,
> > danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> >
> >> [update at end:  Summary: The Flintstones are back]

> >> Well, I had Tweeted at them, and wrote a letter.
> >>
> >> Don't know if it was me (although I'll take credit!)
> >> but I just looked at next Sunday's - 26-May-2024, and
> >> it still has the interloper instead of Fred and Barney,
> >>
> >>      HOWEVER...
> >>
> >> The schedule (on the xFinity page) for two weeks forward
> >> (Sunday, 02-June-2024) is back to three episodes of
> >> The Flintstones.
> >>
> >> *whew*
> >>
> >> Now if we could only get them to restore the proper
> >> intro/outro for season one, as opposed to using the
> >> clips from the later seasons.  That's right, they're
> >> showing Bam Bam and Pebbles in Season One...
> >>
> >> (Getting them to restore the five minutes they've
> >> clipped to shovel in more commercials is, of course,
> >> a near hopeless cause.  As is gettin them to air
> >> the episodes they've cancelled out 'cuz PC)
> >
> >I wish I could find the original sheet music for THE FLINTSTONES,
> >particularly the closing credit score. That's some good stuff.
>
> So none of these work?
> https://musescore.com/song/the_flintstones_theme-1579587

No, I'm looking for the original orchestral recording scores. Those are
all just piano arrangements and duets and they're simplified for
beginner-level musicians.

> https://www.alfred.com/meet-the-flintstones-score/p/00-PR-0002333/

This is closer-- it's an arrangement of the main theme for orchestra--
but it's still not the original and it's arranged for players who aren't
at the level of the studio orchestras that did those old cartoons.