Article <atropos-034D79.22464912052024@news.giganews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-034D79.22464912052024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Blue Bloods "Two of a Kind" 5/10/2024 (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-10 (Friday))
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 22:46:49 -0700

In article <20240512114452.000033eb@example.com>,

> On Sun, 12 May 2024 08:13:50 -0700
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

Yes, he's NYPD but he's assigned to an FBI task force. Which raises
another question about Frank assigning him to walk a beat. The FBI
wouldn't be happy about that. They don't go jump through all the hoops
and administrative red tape to get a local cop vetted and given the TS
security clearance necessary to have access to FBI office spaces only to
have his own command yank him away to work patrol. When you're assigned
to an FBI task force, you're basically belong to the FBI at that point
and there better be a good reason to go back to your own agency to work,
even temporarily.

When I was assigned to the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, I was taken
off all Secret Service duty schedules and travel rotations. I closed out
all my active cases or they were reassigned to other agents. Other than
court testimony under subpoena, I left all my USSS responsibilities
behind for two and a half years and essentially became an FBI agent.

> > > At the time, I assumed that the mugger that cut Sean was the same
> > > one who had mugged him, whose face Sean had not seen on that
> > > occasion. But given the later revelation that the Security Chief
> > > apparently had several accomplices, I am no longer confident that
> > > is right. If the second mugger was a different guy, you're
> > > absolutely right: Sean would not have been able to confirm that it
> > > was the guy who had mugged him. In fact, if I'm right and Sean
> > > never saw his face during the first mugging, Sean wouldn't have
> > > been much use at the lineup either, although he might still have
> > > been able to identify the guy as someone from the cafeteria.
> >
> > I went back and checked. The first mugger was wearing a watch cap and
> > a Covid mask and knocked Sean down from behind. Sean didn't see
> > anything but the ground.
> >
> So I *did* remember it correctly. Good to know.
>
> > The second guy (I can't even tell if it was the same guy) also had a
> > Covid mask, but it got knocked off, when Sean struggled with him.
> >
> Night scenes make it hard to distinguish people, especially when they
> are dimly lit like that scene was. Mind you, The Outer Range is much
> worse for that! I'm finally watching Season 1 and its amazing how many
> scenes they do outdoors and at night and with no nearby light
> sources - apparently, the moon doesn't appear over Wyoming - where you
> can't make out what the hell is going on visually and the audio is your
> only clue.

That's at least more realistic than night scenes in shows like THE
X-FILES, where they're chasing someone through a forest at night and
there's this mysterious light that illuminates everything glowing from
just over the next rise and none of the characters even seems to notice
it or think, Where the hell is that light coming from?