Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-0395EB.11531224052024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] German politician successfully prosecuted for telling the truth
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 11:53:12 -0700

In article <v2q9me$2ce49$1@dont-email.me>,
 moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >> Yet "incitement to hate" is a thing you recognize and deplore. (Isn't
> >> it?)
> >
> > No.
>
> Then I venture that you're purer than most. How do you characterize,
> e.g., a speech alleging that Jews drink the blood of infants? Isn't
> there a key difference to saying, e.g., Jews are Martians?

Cattle can be incited to action.

Humans are responsible for their own actions. You don't get to duck
responsibility for rioting or hating or whatever by claiming someone
incited you and you became a mindless automaton incapable of independent
thought or action.

If you're hating, it's because you chose to, not because someone incited
you.