Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-081E4F.18101704042024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Let's go Brandon!
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 18:10:52 -0700

In article <jfgu0jdrmehs6v2v5j6pmpn245gca6m6u3@4ax.com>,

> On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:07 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:

> >>What do you disagree with in that?
> >
> >No one has suggested Biden invented TDoV nor the date - the comment
> >was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
> >eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has
> >gone on for years and is at least tangentially related to Easter.
> >
> >Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National
> >Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
> >isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
> >promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
> >year.
>
> He promoted the day on the day that was chosen by members of that
> group as their day of recognition over a decade ago. To suggest that
> Biden (a long term Christian) chose to recognize TDoV as some sort of
> slap at Christianity is... I just don't see how anyone can even
> suggest it.

Biden's not choosing much of anything anymore. He doesn't even choose
the flavor of pudding he gets while he watches the squirrels outside the
window.

However, it's certainly plausible that the radical left-wing staffers
that have infiltrated the administration and who are the ones actually
running things at "White House at Bernie's" very much did intend a slap
at Christianity.