Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-240243.18540709032024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Daylight Saving Time wackiness
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 18:54:08 -0800

In article <usit1n$2j31j$1@dont-email.me>,
 "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> >"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >>It is that time of year to discuss the start of Daylight Saving Time.
> >>It's not "Savings".
>
> >And it's sure not energy savings either, especially with the entire
> >globe warming up. They can't wait for the sun to go down in Arizona.
>
> >>Hawaii remains on standard time year round. This makes sense given how
> >>close they are to the equator.
>
> >And how far away they are from the mainland.
>
> >>Dependencies American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Northern Marina
> >>Islands, the US Minor Outlying Islands, and the US Virgin Islands do not
> >>observe Daylight Saving Time.
>
> >>That brings us to the wackiness that is Arizona. Arizona observes
> >>Standard Time year round but does not control commerce in the Indian
> >>reservations. The multi-state Navajo Nation observes Daylight Saving
> >>Time, but the Hopi reservation, entirely surrounded by the Navajo
> >>Nation, does not observe Daylight Saving Time. There are alternating
> >>bits of land in which tribal jurisdiction changes, for much confusion.
>
> >Far as I'm concerned Standard Time should be observed all year long,
> >everywhere. Things seem to be going in the wrong direction.
>
> I agree.

I haven't seen the standard flurry of news reports warning how changing
the clock one hour two times a year leads to heart attacks, strokes, and
all manner of health problems.

Seems to me if that was the case then the millions of people who fly
across time zones and have to change their clocks three, four, even
eight hours at a time, we'd have bodies dropping like flies all over the
globe.