Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-42D874.13153327062024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for June 17-22, 2024
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 13:15:33 -0700

In article <v5kg9v$2ruvq$1@dont-email.me>,
 "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 6/27/24 11:46 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
> > On Jun 22, 2024 at 3:25:17 PM PDT, ""Ian J. Ball"" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:

> >> :/
> >>
> >> I really don't see the point of leaving one long-running procedural just
> >> to take a job on another...
> >
> > Especially under the same boss.
> >
> > I'd heard Sofer was coming back to CHICAGO PD just as his on-screen wife--
> > She Who Smiles Inappropriately-- was leaving. I guess they're both gone
> > for good now.
>
> Yeah, but he didn't come back - in her last episode, she just... left!!
>
> > Much as I hate Sofia Bush's in-your-face politics, she really did do a
> > great job playing a cop on that show. She's still missed.
>
> I think I actually preferred Spiridakos (and Squerciati) - I never found
> Bush credible as a "hard-boiled cop".

Squerciati went from rookie in uniform fumbling with her cuffs and
wearing her duty belt backward to supercop working on the city's most
elite unit way too fast.

Spiridakos played 'damaged' well but if she wasn't doing that, she
mostly just had one expression on her face for every occasion.

Actually, what's really missed on CHICAGO PD is the Voight of old. This
pod person they've replaced him with that goes around correcting
people's pronoun usage and calls for social workers to take charge of
negotiations with violent crazy people is just horrible.

(After Saint Floyd of Fentanyl's Summer of Love, bad cops are a no-no on
TV now. No way would a show like THE SHIELD ever be greenlit in today's
environment. CHICAGO PD either had to jettison Hank Voight or completely
remake his character and basically turn him into a soy-boy. They chose
the latter.)