Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-60E401.13313806042024@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-05 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 13:31:38 -0700

In article <uus8jp$2914c$1@dont-email.me>,
 Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> > On 4/6/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >
> >> What did you watch?

> The First Omen (theatrical)

I'll probably see this sometime next week. The girlfriend refuses to go
anywhere near this kind of horror movie, so it'll be a solo viewing for
me.

> New horror movie that is a direct prequel to the 1976 "The Omen." It is
> set in Rome in 1971 and tells the backstory behind where "Damien" came
> from.

I thought the first movie made it clear that the antiChrist was born of
a jackal and substituted for the Thorn's real child, which was then
killed and buried.

I still remember the pome:

When the Jews return to Zion and a comet fills the sky,
And the Holy Roman Empire rises, then you and I must die.

From the eternal sea he rises, creating armies on either shore,
Turning man against his brother, until man exists no more.

> While it seems a bit of a retcon I guess it can be said the movie is
> clarifying details that were only guessed or assumed before. But it does
> at least make it clear why/how priests and nuns had Damien in the first
> place at the start of the 1976 movie and they knew *exactly* what they
> had and what they were doing.

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, and disciples of the
Beast, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ."
--2 Corinthians 11:13