Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-6C2135.13380204042024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:38:37 -0700

In article <gm1u0jp0g2j3jhamarsfe7d3r8ij93jim9@4ax.com>,

> On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:02:19 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <uumno6$p8sf$2@dont-email.me>,
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said he's looking at America in a new light
> >> after a recent visit to Japan.
> >>
> >> The 56-year-old said his trip abroad made him realize that the U.S. is
> >> unsanitary compared to the land of the rising sun.
> >>
> >> "After traveling to Japan, I realize that this place, this USA we're
> >> always
> >> chanting about, is a filthy and disgusting country," he said during his
> >> monologue on Monday night's episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
> >
> >I agree with him. My trip to Tokyo was an eye-opener. I've never seen a
> >city so clean and beautiful with pleasant, polite, happy people
> >everywhere you go. Its only drawback was that-- of all the places I've
> >been around the world-- it's one of the harder cities to get around and
> >function in if you don't speak the language. I thought at the time that
> >if I spoke and read Japanese, I'd consider living in Tokyo for good if I
> >could.
>
> But my understanding is you would have a difficult time living there
> because you aren't Japanese. Things like buying a home would be very
> difficult for you. So it really sounds like a great place to visit as
> a foreigner but not so to permanently live as a foreigner. As for the
> cleanliness isn't Singapore another place that's kept exceptionally
> clean but hot and humid.

I forgot to mention, the per capita percentage of attractive women in
Japan was *much* higher than in the U.S. There were beautiful women
seemingly everywhere.

Sure, you can find some smokeshows in L.A., but there are a lot more of
the green-haired, nose-ringed tofu monsters waddling around than the
BAYWATCH supermodels.