Article <atropos-9CCE3F.17584204042024@news.giganews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-9CCE3F.17584204042024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: UC Berkeley Bans White People from Community Garden
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 17:59:17 -0700

In article <akgu0jd4a7mhmac77r019aaslrej7p7ugq@4ax.com>,
 The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 02:20:58 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >Gray-Garcia later referred to modern medicine as "white science" and
> >inveighed against the "occupation" of "Turtle Island"-- that is, the
> >United States-- before asking students to stand for a second prayer.
> >This time, nearly everyone rose.
> >
> Well actually "Turtle Island" refers to all of continental North
> America not just the United States.
>
> Had I been present I probably would have walked out at that point had
> I not already walked out earlier and would have been more than happy
> to explain why to any of my professors.
>
> I would have started with something along the lines of not tolerating
> racism nor feeling a duty to listening to lectures by racists.

That's what I did when they brought in one of these racist DEI lecturers
to my job. I made it about 45 minutes in before I just got up and walked
out.

And when the boss tried to strong-arm me into going back in to this
'mandatory' training, I told him if anyone in management tried to force
me to sit through that bigoted woman's spiel, I'd immediately get on the
phone to the EEOC and file an official complaint for a racially hostile
work environment and they could spend the next six months writing
think it's necessary for employees to sit through racist lectures
disguised as 'training'.

Suddenly it wasn't so important that I attend anymore.