Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-9D0347.18414220062024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock Ban
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 18:41:42 -0700

In article <v52kse$2qv7o$6@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 6/19/24 3:41 AM, trotsky wrote:

> >> It was struck down by an illegitimate and corrupt court because they
> >> were paid to strike it down.
> >>
> >> Once you get that, all rulings become clear.
> >
> > Isn't it queer how when I pointed him to Harvard Law Professor Laurence
> > Tribe's explanation of the situation Thanny shut his fucking mouth on
> > the subject?
> >
> He doesn't have a good rebuttal because there isn't one.
> Everybody who uses common sense understands what the law was designed to do.
>
> Bump stocks are a newer technology than the law didn't foresee... but it
> doesn't take a law professor to understand the intent.

That's why we have a Congress that can amend statutes to take into
account changes in technology. They do it all the time with the things
like the internet. They can do it with the National Firearms Act, also.

Your delusions (and Hutt's) aside, courts don't decide technical matters
of law based on intent. Legislative history is only a tool to resolve
ambiguity. There's no ambiguity here. The statute's text is both
extremely detailed and clear. Neither the Judicial Branch nor the
Executive Branch have the constitutional authority to make or amend
statutory law. Only the Legislative Branch can do that.

This is something most of us learned in grade school. Apparently Effa
and the BATF were in a coma that day.