Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-A2C82D.12595407032024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Alec Baldwin getting away with murder
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:59:54 -0800

In article <usd4oo$17cct$1@dont-email.me>,
 super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> On 2024-03-07 17:50:50 +0000, Blueshirt said:
>
> > EGK wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 09:59:02 -0700, anim8rfsk
> >> <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> >>

> > https://deadline.com/2024/03/rust-movie-armorer-guilty-shooting-death-123584
> > 7983/
> >

> >> Classic example of shit rolling downhill and our two-tiered
> >> justice system.  Baldwin is "loose" with weapons on the set
> >> and he fires the fatal shot but because he hired a young and
> >> very inexperienced armorer, she ends up being the perfect
> >> scapegoat.
> >
> > It's not about who hired the armourer or who held the gun, the
> > interesting thing about this case for me is who put the live
> > round in to a "prop" gun ... and was it deliberate?!

It was not a prop gun. It was a real gun that was being used to shoot
blanks.

> It is not beyond the realm of possibility that a gun -- especially one
> that had been tampered with to neutralize it -- could go off without
> pulling the trigger and just putting it in motion alone, I don't give a
> shit what "the FBI says."

Yes, some internet rando who's never even seen the gun, let alone
examined it, is a better judge than FBI firearms experts, because Alec
is a reliable leftist so he must be excused at any cost.

'Neutralizing' a firearm consists of removing the firing pin. A gun
cannot fire without a firing pin anymore than the sun can rise in the
west.

However, the gun in question here was not 'neutralized'. It was a
fully-functioning firearm that was intended to be used to shoot blanks.
Kinda blows your whole fantasy out of the water, huh? Sucks for both you
and Alec.

> Sure would put a cramp in the NRA's and gun industry's style if that
> was shown to have happened in a high profile case like this though.

Huh? Accepting your claim as true for the sake of argument, neither the
NRA nor the gun industry has ever claimed that if you fuck around with a
gun and take it out of manufacturer specs that it won't malfunction.