Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-BA6AD0.02255806062024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Cruz Destroys Gender Activist Judge During Hearing
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 02:25:58 -0700

In article <fbp26j9fuvb0ttgu6li9lilaskjdukgign@4ax.com>,
 The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Jun 2024 21:09:11 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > But no, we're still having to deal with idiots like Pelosi, Newsom,
> > Occasional-Cortex, and Karen Bass who insist that this problem can be
> > solved with carbon caps and solar panels and windmills, when the truth
> > is that if the U.S. literally shut down all emissions COMPLETELY--
> > cars, gone; industry, gone; cattle farming, gone; airplanes, gone; all
> > of it, gone-- and we lived that way for the next 80 years, it would
> > only reduce the global mean temperature by 0.3 degrees. That's from
> > the U.N. IPCC model itself. You can go run the numbers yourself if you
> > don't believe it.
>
> I'm no fan of AOC + Co. but you guys were talking California fire
> conditions - what does the Squad have to do with that?!?

They're the ones claiming the fires are the result of the 'climate
change' boogeyman and use them to justify further hobbling America's
economy and our general standard of living.

> In Canada Trudeau talks stuff as bad or worse than this and the plain
> and simple fact is that if every Canadian committed suicide in the
> most climate friendly way possible, it wouldn't reduce global mean by
> even 0.3 degree.
>
> As I tell folks I talk to around here, I'm not a "climate change
> denier" but do deny that the proposals on the table now have any hope
> of helping things move in the right direction as long as the rest of
> the world allows China and India to go on building coal-fired plants.
>
> I see no reason why the rest of us should have to struggle while China
> and India completely undo what we've sacrificed to achieve.

Add to that the study out of Stanford that shows just one moderate-sized
wildfire nullifies 20 years' worth of whatever gains all their eco-laws
have achieved. Twenty years' worth of restrictions, bans, rolling
blackouts, and gas prices twice the national average... and one fire
sets us back to square one.