Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-F35849.17082829032024@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT} Niagara Falls declares state of emergency due to April 8 eclipse
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:08:28 -0700

In article <20240329191353.00001dc3@example.com>,

> Niagara Falls has been touted as one of the very best places to view
> the solar eclipse that will be occurring on April 8. (That area is also
> one of the only parts of Canada that will be in the Path of Totality,
> where the moon will completely cover the sun for several minutes.)
>
> Niagara Falls, "out of an abundance of caution" - you always know
> something ridiculous is coming when you hear that phrase - has declared
> a state of emergency with regards to the eclipse.

My old home town back in Texas has done the same thing. It's ridiculous.
They're literally declaring an emergency over a shadow.

It's almost like they've devolved back into those primitive savages who
used to think eclipses were the gods turning out the lights when they
got angry with people.

> https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/niagara-region-proactively-declares-state-of-emerge
> ncy-ahead-of-total-solar-eclipse-1.6827320
>
> Unfortunately, the article doesn't identify any special rules that will
> be in place due to this "emergency". Will driving be forbidden lest
> anyone be blinded by being in their car during the eclipse? (Several
> major school districts are shutting down their schools to prevent
> children travelling home from school from being blinded if they look
> out the window during the eclipse.)

WTF? No one's going to be blinded by just looking out the window, for
fuck's sake. Just don't look AT the sun itself-- which you shouldn't
ever do regardless-- and you'll be fine.