Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<atropos-F3DF7D.10482528032024@news.giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Ketanji Jackson Worried That the 1st Amendment is Hamstringing Government Censorship
References: <AbGcneZpLeuJ12f4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <utjpbj$2srhl$1@dont-email.me> <Crmcnc_SKN28dWD4nZ2dnZfqn_YAAAAA@giganews.com> <17bf31450798f61c$1$1100308$44d50e60@news.newsdemon.com> <Y26dnWI6_a92bGD4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com> <utmrou$3n3jl$3@dont-email.me> <atropos-DA20D8.10523923032024@news.giganews.com> <utua5t$1p4c6$2@dont-email.me> <atropos-DEB821.08591626032024@news.giganews.com> <uu3tmd$3kalu$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:48:25 -0700

In article <uu3tmd$3kalu$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 3/26/24 11:59 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <utua5t$1p4c6$2@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> You are not the NY Times. Bullshit.
> >
> > So now you're seriously arguing that the Court's decision in NY Times
> > vs. U.S. *only* applies to the NY Times?
> >
> > Jeezus, did you just skip grade school altogether or something?
> >

> Jesus, can you read?
>
> 18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information
> (a) Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits,
> or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or
> uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United
> States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of
> the United States any classified information—
> (1)
> concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or
> cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or
> (2)
> concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any
> device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by
> the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or
> communication intelligence purposes; or
> (3)
> concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United
> States or any foreign government; or
> (4)
> obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the
> communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been
> obtained by such processes—
> Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years,
> or both.
>
> (b)
> As used in subsection (a) of this section—
> The term “classified information” means information which, at the time
> of a violation of this section, is, for reasons of national security,
> specifically designated by a United States Government Agency for limited
> or restricted dissemination or distribution;

Jesus, can you read?

New York Times v. United States, 403 U.S. 713 (1971)