Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<be9l4jhgthh55dcqb22u3k9qivpnr7a66d@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Vermont: Free Home Downpayments, But Not for Whites
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 21:26:29 -0400

On Mon, 20 May 2024 00:16:47 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701  <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>>>

>>https://www.wcax.com/2024/04/15/program-help-bipoc-vermonters-become-homeowners-expanding/?outputType=amp

>>> "Indigenous" isn’' even a real thing. How do you claim that status?
>>> Shouldn't anybody who wants it just be able to say they are?
>>
>>Yep. I'm indigenous. I was born in Kentucky and I'm not from anywhere else.
>>
>>And while you might say, yes, but your forebears aren't from North
>>America... well, that applies to the people who are considered
>>"indigenous", too. No flavor of human being is actually indigenous to North
>>America. We all originally came from somewhere else.
>>
>>But much like 'African-American', any white people who actually qualify
>>under their politically correct jargon will be told "that's not what we
>>mean".
>
>Can I be a "people of color"?

Hell, I may even be a "people of color". My dad would sometimes make
things up to tell us kids. Other times he told us facts. On a few
occasions he said that his mom's side of the family was part Cherokee.
Which was certainly possible.

So I would have a double claim as being indigenous and a person of
color. Even though I'm about as white as they come.