Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<bge68jhpanmo6vs4j780am19vc6fh9ndfo@4ax.com>

From: john larkin <jlarkin_highland_tech>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Omega
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2024 16:30:42 -0700

On Mon, 1 Jul 2024 17:49:00 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<cd999666@notformail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Jul 2024 13:39:51 -0400, bitrex wrote:

>Pink_Triangle.jpg?
>>> rlkey=n4xinzzm39bms9w04syb7egkx&raw=1
>>>
>>> I went to one of those once in Berlin when I lived there. God almighty!
>>> I've never seen such a complete and utter freak show in my entire life.
>>> I just stood there gaping open-mouthed at the procession. It must have
>>> been pretty obvious to any of those weirdos on the floats that I wasn't
>>> there to celebrate them! I just find it bizarre that parents actually
>>> take their kids to see this sort of thing and they're all waving their
>>> rainbow flags and whatnot. No kids of mine would be allowed within a
>>> million miles of an event like that. No wonder the God-fearing folks
>>> reckon the world's going to hell in a handbasket. :(
>>
>> Could always move to places that tolerate that sort of stuff.  Saudi
>> Arabia. Moscow. Abilene, Texas. Lots of options.
>>
>> But Mr. Larkin seems to prefer it in San Fran and you seem to prefer
>> flitting about western Europe, interesting.
>
>Well, I did warn John about moving to SF many years ago as I could tell
>the way it was going, but he went ahead anyway and seems to have an
>uncanny ability to only notice the nice side of the place (mainly by not
>venturing downtown, it seems).

You warned me? What's your real name?

When I decided to move to SF, my friends said "But it's full of gay
guys" to which I replied "and lots of smart beautiful women."

Do the math on that.

Right, we avoid the tourist traps and homeless encampments. The hills
separate SF into a collection of villages, with even different
weather.

It's a great place to be weird. People get it.

But 2*pi is still 2*pi even here.