Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<bomv2jtmn6qma1gu28dr260ve18bsj0lcj@4ax.com>

From: Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Subject: Re: Can't get radio back in its case
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:00:38 -0700

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:27:35 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 19:27:02 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 23:15:19 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Jeff, have you ever smashed anything to bits when you couldn't repair
>>>it or just became impatient?
>>
>>No.  If I want to exercise my frustrations over a failed repair, I
>>have a wood pile that always needs chainsawing, bucking, splitting and
>>stacking:
>><https://photos.app.goo.gl/hRQZHVcHtykygudz9>
>>It's excellent exercise and also a good time to practice my profanity.
>>
>>The closest I've come to destroying uncooperative electronics are with
>>devices that can't be easily opened or are intentionally designed to
>>be impossible to repair.  Apple products come to mind.  I save them in
>>a box to age slowly.  Once fully depreciated, I offer the remains to
>>the various electronics gods as burnt offerings, usually on the
>>barbecue grill during summer and inside the wood burning stove during
>>winter.  If I'm too lazy to fix something, I sell it on eBay as "parts
>>only".  When I was younger and didn't have a proper alter on which to
>>process burnt offerings, I practiced cannibalism by unsoldering any
>>parts and pieces could be salvaged.  I also owned a large axe (named
>>"coin return"), which was quite useful for reducing large repair
>>problems into smaller repair problems.
>
>That's a great idea, Jeff - break the problem down into small,
>manageable parts. Then scrape them up and toss them in the garbage.
>Every one's a winner! :-D

Thanks, but such pre-processing is not an original idea for recycling
electronics.  Shredding and granulating electronics is exactly what
the eWaste recyclers do today.
<https://www.simslifecycle.com/business/e-waste-recycling/how-we-do-it/>
Shredding old printers:
<https://www.shredwell-recycling.com/product-items/scrap-printers-shredding/>