Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<bsb6ajpc5n6l0nckklqcb56c0072qmi8ms@4ax.com>

From: Rich Ulrich <rich.ulrich@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: Photos (Jpg, Png-viewer) --- i don't like it because it launches sluggishly...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 01:20:20 -0400

On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 21:47:38 -0600, Tilde <invalide@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Tony Cooper wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 15:19:17 -0700, HenHanna <HenHanna@devnull.tb>
>>> There is a  (Windows) tool called  Photos (Jpg, Png-viewer)  --- i don't
>>> like it
>>> because it launches  sluggishly....
>>>
>>> Esp. in the last 5 days or so, i'm noticing that almost every day
>>> i have to go to Properties to  change it back to
>>> my fav. Jpg, Png-viewer tool
>>>
>>> because the Windows update (?) is  pushing  Photos  on me.
>>>
>>>                            is there a Fix for this???
>>
>> I have thousands of images from .jpgs to .pngs on my computer.  I use
>> the (free) FastStone Photo Viewer.  It's not only a great image
>> viewer, but offers many other options from selecting by tagged images
>> to bulk re-naming.  It's set as my default viewer.
>>
>> https://www.faststone.org/
>
>https://www.irfanview.com/

I have both Faststone and Irfanview, and I like Faststone better.

What I remember last using Irfanview for was when I wanted
to change the default orientation of some pictures that were
usually wrong (downloaded from my off-brand phone).

IIRC, Faststone would rotate them okay for PC display by Faststone,
but they would be wrong when uploaded to Face Book.

>I'm on windows 10, once installed I have to jump
>through a couple of hoops to make it the default
>but that's a one time thing. My one nit to pick is
>that it doesn't have an auto update feature.

I remember spending a lot of time before I figured out how to
stop Onedrive, their automatic backup to the cloud, from
acting and from pestering me. (Run the program and find
the turn-off option.)

--
Rich Ulrich