Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<bsre7jpcqonlajval8l6lm3br60ikla0au@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for June 17-22, 2024
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 20:57:27 -0400

On Sat, 22 Jun 2024 23:58:27 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Blue Bloods Cast Marks Final Day Of Filming: Donnie Wahlberg, Marisa
>>Ramirez & Vanessa Ray Share Moment As Series Wraps Shoot  (June 20)
>
>Man, I still can't believe production didn't wrap months ago.
>
>>Trevor St. John Leaving ‘The Young And The Restless’ (June 18)
>
>Wait. That's the actor's name? How is that not a character's name?
>
>>Kevin Costner Makes It Official: He's Not Returning To Yellowstone
>>[Paramount Network]  (June 20)
>
>After he got fired, he decided to resign?
>
>>Kevin Costner "Disappointed" In Handling Of Yellowstone Exit Rumors:
>>"Nobody On Their Side Ever Stepped Up To Defend What I Did For Them"
>>[Paramount Network]  (June 19)
>
>You fucked them over?

Did he or did they do it? I mean scheduling conflicts are always going
to be an issue if there are multiple projects underway. I don't know
who is responsible for the delays but taking a few years between
filming a show is always going to be a problem because the actors are
going to want to be working. Especially if they are in Costner's
position to have a passion project and the money to make it.

>>Homicide: Life On The Street Coming To Streaming, David Simon Says
>>(June 18)
>
>>https://deadline.com/2024/06/homicide-life-on-the-streets-streaming-nbc-music-rights-1235977582/
>
>>["'Homicide: Life On the Street' is coming to streaming, according to
>>David Simon, author of 'Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets,' the
>>book on which the show created by Paul Attanasio was based. In a new
>>post on social media, Simon said that NBC had cleared the music used on
>>the series, and it would be coming to a streaming platform, with
>>NBCUniversal's Peacock the logical home."]
>
>Lemme guess: Re-licensing cost four times as much as the entire
>production budget in the first place.

It's crazy how that seems to be the case. For TV shows and even video
games. I've seen a number of games that were popular enough they were
still be sold a decade or more after release but then had to get new
music because the original licenses ran out.

>>Taylor Wily Dies: Hawaii Five-0 Actor Was 56  (June 21)
>
>The shrimp guy? Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, he seemed to be a good guy. I can't help but think it was in
part due to his large size. I've got a friend who is younger than Wily
but also similarly large which makes me worry a bit about his
longetivity.

>>Longtime ‘Jeopardy!’ Host Alex Trebek Memorialized On U.S. Postal
>>Service Forever Stamp  (June 21)
>
>Alex, I'll take Will this letter be delivered on a timely basis for
>$200.

No. Unless we redefine what constitutes timely delivery.