Article <c4c3b9c59683491a8e6fea03a9aca9b14a266a12@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<c4c3b9c59683491a8e6fea03a9aca9b14a266a12@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Defining a correct simulating halt decider
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2024 14:44:58 -0400
 <vbhpeq$1djl5$1@dont-email.me>
 <2ce63f5729cca1e2a878ee96224e4504ce974957@i2pn2.org>
 <vbhqle$1dpc0$1@dont-email.me>
 <ddd238668be1d2b9e8598893336543864a3b8fef@i2pn2.org>
 <vbhsio$1e1qp$1@dont-email.me>
 <6f80ca08698e36934200fa1e8b134bd8c2b7b181@i2pn2.org>
 <vbhulv$1eco4$1@dont-email.me>
 <d036b5c07a45cf0330892bcef03c4df13c878d90@i2pn2.org>
 <vbi02v$1eis0$1@dont-email.me>
 <fff376f7fcc1d0fd503c4d27135639e85d42bd7d@i2pn2.org>
 <vbi28k$1esag$1@dont-email.me>
 <60be3646ed003a3352dd98e449e1d793e34b5fb2@i2pn2.org>
 <vbi5ls$1ff1p$1@dont-email.me>

On 9/7/24 2:22 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 9/7/2024 12:49 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Joes cannot understand that.
>>>

>> No *YOU* don't understand that he isn't worrying about if HHH can
>> terminate normally,
>
> *Joes is not plural or possessive, she is not a he*
> *Joes is not plural or possessive, she is not a he*
> *Joes is not plural or possessive, she is not a he*
> *Joes is not plural or possessive, she is not a he*
> *Joes is not plural or possessive, she is not a he*

Ok, but I know men with that name too.

Also, in classical English, the male form can also be used for unknown
gender.

> My proof must be understood as a sequence of steps.
> The first one is that neither HHH nor DDD ever stops
> running unless HHH aborts its emulation.

So, the problem is that if HHH aborts its simulation, then the DDD that
calls it will halt.

> Joes could never understand that. She simply chose
> to believe otherwise against the verified facts.

No, what she is pointing out is that if you have HHH abort its
simulation, it can never prove that it has the right answer.

So, *YOU* are stuck with a dilemma, to you not halt to wait to see if
you get the right answer at some point, or do you abort and give a
possible wrong answer.

Your logic seems to think that a possible (or even likely) wrong answer
given is better than not giving an answer to make sure you don't give a
wrong answer.

This means you think lying is better than being a speaker only of truth.

That just reveals the flaw in your whole logic system, you think it is
better to make up a crap answer rather than admit you don't know what
you are talking about.

Sorry, you are just killing your reputation, as you are just proving you
don't care about truth.