Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<c6n93jhasqgqrk5pp575v5vb49tsm9hvo2@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-01 (Wednesday)
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 08:50:24 -0400

On Fri, 3 May 2024 01:14:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> DISNEY PLAN TO *REPLACE* CAPTAIN AMERICA AFTER BAD TEST SCREENINGS? NEW
>> ACTOR WOULD MAKE THINGS *WORSE*!:
>> Captain America 4 has been a production PLAGUED by problems, delays and
>> reshoots, and IF a new rumor is
>> true, it would explain WHY this production has been shooting for months
>> without a script!  This rumor
>> came to me last week, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this
>> insanity.  I object to the Falcon
>> as Captain America, but in my opinion Marvel's proposed solution would
>> only make things WORSE!  Let's
>> hope this rumor isn't true, folks... #disney #marvel #captainamerica
>> https://youtu.be/VKx9UTVy5rI?si=aSKI_nWSwFzxzdPl
>
>I am sorry, I can’t sit through this guy. What’s the proposed solution?

I don't blame you. I ended up skipping the video and just looking at
the transcript. Turns out that the script for Captain America 4 isn't
working, even for black audiences in testing. So what some are
proposing is to use Captain Carter as the replacement. That will get
some people cheering but you know it's going to get a number of people
complaining about them not going forward with the black Captain
America.

Though I agree that there's no reason why Falcon needs to become
Captain America to keep fighting crime. If he was to pick up Cap's
shield he can still be Falcon.