Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ckj31jpqiq639gcrkptuotnnrl9iahd1o9@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 30-April 6, 2024
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 19:07:16 -0400

On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:18:27 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 4/6/24 2:37 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>      ABC news
>>

>> ‘Will Trent’ Renewed For Season 3 By ABC  (April 3)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/will-trent-renewed-season-3-abc-1235875431/
>
>I'm sayin' I beat Robin!!  ;p
>
>> ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 21 By ABC  (April 2)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/greys-anatomy-renewed-season-21-abc-1235874176/
>
>I'm quittin' unless Jo comes back!!  ;p

What do you mean comes back? She's not going anywhere.

>> ‘9-1-1’ Renewed For Eighth Season By ABC  (April 2)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/9-1-1-renewed-for-eighth-season-abc-1235873978/
>
>Meh!
>
>> ‘9-1-1’ & ‘The Bachelor’ Crossover Is Happening Because Of Jennifer Love
>> Hewitt  (March 30)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/03/9-1-1-the-bachelor-crossover-jennifer-love-hewitt-1235872491/
>
>Damn her!
>Damn her to Hell!!  :p

A reason for me to continue a long standing tradition of not watching
this show.

>>      CBS news
>>

>> ‘FBI: International’ Adds Teri Polo To Season 3 Cast  (April 2)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/fbi-international-teri-polo-season-3-cast-1235874372/
>
>Sure.
>But I'm sad they lost the previous Euro hottie...
>
>> ‘Elsbeth’ Rounds Out Guest Cast With Elizabeth Lail, Arian Moayed &
>> Laura Benanti  (April 1)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/elsbeth-cast-elizabeth-lail-arian-moayed-laura-benanti-1235873010/
>
>Wow - Lail as main cast could have almost gotten me to start watching
>this! Good thing she's just a guest star!
>

>> ‘The Walking Dead: Dead City’ Adds Kim Coates To Season 2 [AMC]  (April 4)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-walking-dea
>>      Streaming service news--Paramount+
>>

>> ‘Tulsa King’: Frank Grillo Joins Season 2 Of Paramount+ Series  (April 4)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/tulsa-king-frank-grillo-season-2-1235876246/
>
>This may actually get me to check this out...

You should. I quite enjoyed season 1 of the show.

>> ‘Criminal Minds: Evolution’ Casts Felicity Huffman [Paramount+]  (April 1)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/criminal-minds-evolution-casts-felicity-huffman-jason-gideon-ex-wife-1235871968/
>
>OTOH, this probably does the opposite here...

So she's going to be a regular on the show? Concentrating more on
family life and losing out on the case work?

>>      Streaming service news--Prime Video
>>

>> ‘Legally Blonde’ Spinoff Series In Works At Amazon  (April 4)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/legally-blonde-spinoff-series-amazon-reese-witherspoon-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-1235876136/
>
>Oh, Gawd, no! - this is another thing that should never have gone past
>the original first film.

Gotta keep reusing concepts that worked once upon a time in the hopes
they can recapture that lightning.

>> ‘Gen V’ Season 2 Production Delayed Following Star Chance Perdomo’s
>> Tragic Death  (March 30)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/03/gen-v-season-2-production-chance-perdomo-dead-1235872453/
>
>At this point, I think the odds that we ever see a second season of this
>series are incredibly low...

I'm not sure about that but not for at least a year if it does come
back.

>Instead, I expect some of the characters to pop up in season #4 of "The
>Boys".

That's possible.

>>      Ratings
>>

>> CBS Scripted Premieres Stay Strong In MP35 As ‘Tracker’ Continues To
>> Lead The Charge  (April 5)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/cbs-scripted-premieres-viewership-mp35-tracker-1235876605/
>
>So many people around here love "Tracker"!!  [/snark]

It's not a bad show but it isn't a great one either.

>>      The business of TV
>>

>> Bob Iger Says Netflix-Like Password Sharing Plan On Disney+ Will Start
>> In June ­Update  (April 5)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/disney-streaming-password-sharing-netflix-bob-iger-1235818554/
>
>What - No news on how Disney cheated their way through the shareholder
>Board vote?!

They aren't going to talk about that. We will have to see what happens
in 2025 when there is almost certainly a repeat in the runup to the
vote.

>I do love how this means that Disney is totally f**ked going forward! -
>They are DOOMED!!  [ha ha ha ha]

I don't want them to be doomed. I want Eiger and company to change
their ways and concentrate on making good movies/shows that the
viewers want to see and quit worrying so much about DEI. If you want
to test that out then pick a movie/show and put your DEI and marketing
efforts into that show/movie and see if it can draw in new audiences.
If it can't then putting DEI forward as the most important agenda for
any new show or movie seems like a horrible idea.

>> Joe Flaherty Dies: ‘SCTV’ And ‘Freaks And Geeks’ Actor Was 82  (April 2)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/joe-flaherty-dead-1235873973/
>
>:(
>
>Though 82 is a pretty good run.

True. It's just always sad when someone that has brought so much joy
and entertainment to so many passes away.