Article <d32b8b0551d4ab2a9bcd5b7a809a81c411310da2@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<d32b8b0551d4ab2a9bcd5b7a809a81c411310da2@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: Minimal Logics in the 2020's: A Meteoric Rise
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 21:42:19 -0400
 <v6cpnc$1b3m$2@dont-email.me>
 <9e59212316a9b258e95a1de7f5cca46fee37861e@i2pn2.org>
 <v6csla$1otr$2@dont-email.me>
 <3f12eb90be522441c8b95d17d25767fcaf72ed2d@i2pn2.org>
 <v6cvqs$5vir$2@dont-email.me>
 <efced1648cf7ddc1c257d7c4369add3b391dd005@i2pn2.org>
 <v6d2r0$6cgn$2@dont-email.me>
 <931fe5b1e73d204bf20a268dd025489e3040371d@i2pn2.org>
 <v6e5ho$bbcb$2@dont-email.me>
 <0f3e40caf51b61ebb05c4ec2ae44042bff632017@i2pn2.org>
 <v6el1u$e6tb$1@dont-email.me>
 <3c9ef913b1fbbca50c1a4acd02401906646327ed@i2pn2.org>
 <v6ff58$ijn6$1@dont-email.me>

On 7/7/24 9:24 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/7/2024 1:30 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> True, False and IDK would be trivalued logic.
>>> True, False and not-a-logic-sentence is not actually trivalued logic.
>>
>> Is "Not-a-logic-sentence" a truth value that True, of ~false can
>> return or not?
>>

> True(L,x)==false and True(L,~x)==false

I didn't ask about True(L, ~x).

I guess you can't read.

I take it then that

For x in L defined as ~True(L, x)

That True(L, x) is false, and thus

~True(L, x) must be true, as that is the logical negation of false, and
thus x which is defined as such is also true, and tnue you system claims
that True(L, <a true statement>) can be false, and thus blows up in
inconsistancy.

> means that x is not a logic sentence.

In other words, you system can't handle references.

And thus is just a small logic system.

Note, there is no requirement in logic to check a function you arn't
using to see if you can do what you want.

This is because True(L, x) is defined to have a meaningful answer even
if the input isn't a truth-bearer, but just a syntactically correct
statement.

> I will stop here because you get overwhelmed.

Nope, you are stopping before you dig yourself too deep, but that it too
late, by not showing how you handle the problem shown, you are just
admitting that you don't have a way to handle it but are just ignoring
that your system is broken or very limited.

Sorry, you just failed the test.