Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<d9c04a0ecea25dac5c2c60c6fc3a58fa@www.novabbs.com>

From: hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Spacetime
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2024 16:39:38 +0000

Thomas Heger wrote:

> Am Sonntag000030, 30.06.2024 um 15:03 schrieb gharnagel:
> >
> > Thomas Heger wrote:
> > >
> > > I dislike stringtheory and had no extension of that theory in mind.
> >
> > But M-theory STILL fits that description.  Just because you don't like
> > it doesn't mean it's false.
>
> Sure, but dislike wouldn't proof it neither.
>
> 'String theory' is based on 'strings' and those are supposed to be
> material objects (kind of 'superparticles').
>
> But I tried to show, that the particle concept itself is wrong.

I don't think it's possible to disprove either concept.

> So, matter needs to be 'relativistic' and made from absolutely nothing.

Well, the quantum foam idea allows that, but the existence of such
matter doesn't last long.  I think that disproves that durable matter
can come from nothing.

> I had an idea for this to become possible. I just take spacetime of GR
> for real and assume, that spacetime would consist of kind of 'pointlike
> elements'.
>
> That is something like a point with features and higher dimensions than
> points in Euclidean space have.

Frankly, I tend to disbelieve in the concept of spacetime.

> These 'elements' are connceted multiplicative 'sideways', like a certain
> equation for quaternions, which is used for rotations.
>
> This concept is my own invention, called 'structured spacetime' and
> needs no strings.
>
> It is actually relatively simple and needs only very few unusual
> assumptions.
>
> One unusual assumption is: points may have features and more than three
> dimensions.

I think points are nonexistent.  They are a mental invention to express
geometrical concepts, just like numbers were invented to express
mathematical
concepts.

> Actually I had assumed, such 'points' behave like bi-quaternions and are
> connected like a certain type of geometric algebra which is known as
> 'Pauli algebra'.
>
> My 'book' about this idea can be found here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ur3_giuk2l439fxUa8QHX4wTDxBEaM6lOlgVUa0cFU4/edit?usp=sharing
>
> > > I wanted something different than one of the usual 'materialistic'
> > > concepts, to which string-theory actually belongs.
> >
> > That's where ALL of physics IS.
>
> Sure,

So you agree that your idea is not physics?  Hmmm.

> but I'm not a physicist.
>
> TH

Well, I am.