Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<df8u2jtjgeganaoh6elog3cfd37n44e6ob@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for April 20-27, 2024
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 00:34:43 -0400

On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:47:32 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article
><284824349.736046839.051091.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>> > I just bit the bullet and paid for the ad-free tier on YouTube. I realized
>> > I was watching more YouTube than just about anything else these days and
>> > the commercials there are the most obnoxious ever invented. They literally
>> > interrupt people in mid-sentence for a screaming ad about Ford trucks or
>> > Febreeze or something. Just enraging.
>> >
>> Is this the YouTube service that has some sort of virtual built-in DVR?
>> Obvious has been trying to get me to sign up for that.
>
>No, that's YouTubeTV. The thing I signed up for is YouTube+.

Yep, YouTubeTV is the equivalent of DirectTV for the Internet as it
carries all the familiar channels, just delivered over the Internet.
Supposedly for less, but there's also a streaming version of DirecTV
available as well as a number of other services that do the same
thing.

Youtube Premium (which I assume is what you meant to say) is the ad
free version of Youtube and Youtube Music. It also gives you a means
to download videos for watching off line.