Article <dfb2ae99d9ea66545c5dde34c4a101fc090f0ebb@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<dfb2ae99d9ea66545c5dde34c4a101fc090f0ebb@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: I just fixed the loophole of the Gettier cases
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 22:09:50 -0400
 <vb3t1j$22k1l$1@dont-email.me> <vb4aq6$2r7ok$1@dont-email.me>
 <vb6p9v$3aebo$1@dont-email.me> <vb70k8$3b4ub$2@dont-email.me>
 <vbepsc$q8v6$1@dont-email.me> <vbes94$punj$12@dont-email.me>
 <24f85bcd40f57685aab93d45f15501178e526d0f@i2pn2.org>
 <vbh3td$1a0lq$1@dont-email.me> <vbhkej$1c7u5$4@dont-email.me>
 <2980c2ea93dacce585730f55f07d76e44769e1d4@i2pn2.org>
 <vbmsbj$2dpff$3@dont-email.me>
 <4a9a15cff1a1a9f24e19806bbb48a486b9608e9a@i2pn2.org>
 <vbp3bf$2ssfq$1@dont-email.me> <vbph8r$2vfau$3@dont-email.me>
 <vbrfeu$3flln$1@dont-email.me> <vbs1jt$3im2p$10@dont-email.me>
 <vbua7i$615o$1@dont-email.me> <vc03qr$grkl$2@dont-email.me>
 <vc0rva$p0p3$1@dont-email.me> <vc4v2j$1ma6t$2@dont-email.me>

On 9/14/24 5:26 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 9/13/2024 3:09 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> When a Prolog Fact is specified that cats are animals
>>> then we can know by Prolog Facts that cats are animals.
>>
>> We know that even if no Prolog fact about that is specified.
>>

> Not one single being in the universe understood
> that "cats are animals" was anything but pure gibberish
> until this was specified.

Nope, because you don't understand how linguistics were developed.

Sorry, you are just proving your stupidity.

The words had there meaning long before "logic" was invented.

> Prolog is like a 100% empty mind until we tell it
> some facts it literally knows nothing.
>
> When we tell it "cats are animals" is a fact it knows
> literally nothing else.
>
> The entire verbal model of the actual world is built
> this same way.
>
> "The Earth is spherical" makes exactly as much sense
> as "dgfjlok ergkoi rti932rm 45 njedfww" until specified
> otherwise.

Right, but is a LIE, as the Earth isn't "Sphreical", only "Spheroid" or
to be more correct an Oblate Spheroid.

Of course, you don't understand that distinction, because you don't
understand that when talking about the physical universe, "Truth" in the
logical sense doesn't actually fully apply, but only approximation models.