Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<diph0j9dfq8lt00ltooet2ie2q97quohh3@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for March 30-31, 2024
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:32:23 -0400

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:39:25 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2024-03-30 22:12:35 +0000, Robin Miller said:
>
>> RM: The programming list for Monday-Friday will be posted tomorrow.
>>

>> 		Previously released:
>>

>> The Accountant      (movie)        (Netflix, March 27)
>>
>> Not only is this accountant able to dig deeply into a company's books,
>> he's also an expert assassin, and his new client can use both skills.
>> 2026 film starring Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, Jon
>> Bernthal, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Jean Smart, Jeffrey Tambor, John
>> Lithgow and others; 2hr 7m.  "#1 in movies today"
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140479/    [rating 7.3]
>>
>> https://www.netflix.com/title/80071227
>
>Not only has this been to every other streamer out there before now,
>it's also been on cable TV for years!

Yeah, it's made the rounds

>> No Escape            (movie)        (Netflix, March 26)
>>
>> Soon after relocating to Southeast Asia, an American family lands in
>> the midst of a violent coup that could cost them their lives. 2015 film
>> starring Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, and Owen Wilson ; 1h 43m.
>> Unavailable on Netflix's ad tier.
>>
>> https://www.netflix.com/title/80016589
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1781922/  [rating 6.7]
>
>Ditto.

So what does Netflix's ad tier actually get?

>> Mending the Line             (movie)        (Netflix, March 25)
>>
>> A Marine wounded in Afghanistan learns to face his combat trauma
>> through friendship with an older war veteran and the healing practice
>> of fly-fishing. 2022 film starring Brian Cox, Perry Mattfeld, Sinqua
>> Walls, Patricia Heaton and Wes Studi; 2h 2m. Unavailable on Netflix's
>> ad tier.
>
>Which is yet more proof how useless Netflix's "ad tier" is.

So Netflix's ad tier gets nothing?

>> 		Saturday, March 30
>>

>> Vikings       (seasons 1-6)         (3:01 am, Netfix)
>>
>> https://www.netflix.com/title/70301870
>>
>> Note: The sequel, "Vikings: Valhalla," is a Netflix original, with the
>> third and final season expected in 2024.
>
>Hmmm... Prime used to have this series, IIRC. I wonder if they'vs lost it.

They have. Just checked and while you can buy individual
episodes/seasons you can't watch it on Prime without paying for it.
 $2.99/episode
$19.99/season

>> A Gentleman in Moscow          [new]         (9 pm, Showtime)
>>
>> An eight-episode adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Amor Towles,
>> Moscow stars Ewan McGregor as (the fictional) Count Alexander Rostov,
>> who is banished to live out his remaining years as a prisoner in the
>> Hotel Metropol following the Russian Revolution. In the years that
>> follow, he begins to build a new life within the confines of the hotel.
>> Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Alexa Goodall, and Johnny Harris also star.
>> Limited series running through May 19.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PpUtjfZB5g
>>
>> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/a-gentleman-in-moscow/     [score 73]
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8230448/
>
>I really wish this had been a movie - I would have watched it as a movie.

Yeah, it is tough to watch everything when it is a series. Glad that
Marvel is getting out of throwing everything into a series as I was
one that tried to catch everything but there just isn't enough time in
a day.

>> The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live       (season 1/limited series
>> finale)         (9 pm, AMC)
>
>>:/

So they all lived long enough to die at the end?

>(And who's taking bets when season #2 will be greenlit?!)
>
>> Parish          [new; special time]         (10:15 pm, AMC)
>>
>> Giancarlo Esposito heads the cast of a six-episode adaptation of
>> British series The Driver as a New Orleans luxury car service owner who
>> becomes entangled with a crime syndicate. Bradley Whitford, Skeet
>> Ulrich, Paula Malcomson, Zachary Momoh also star. Regular time is 9 pm;
>> runs through May 5.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcoR4hfKCl0
>>
>> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/parish/     [score 57]
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18552362/
>
>Also really wish this had just been a movie, as I would have watched it...

+1

>> (end)
>
>Not yet, it's not! - We still have 5 more days coming!!  ;)

Robin is telling it's the end of Hollywood. No more content coming,
ever.