Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<e17q0j1iopo49jm3vcomuik64vd0lgldgr@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Speak Out Loudly Against This Evil": Internet Erupts Over Biden Declaring Easter "Trans Day Of Visibility"
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 05:13:12 -0400

On Wed, 03 Apr 2024 02:01:02 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 18:00:17 -0400, shawn
><nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>>Or as a long time Catholic and church going Christian he doesn't have
>>the same feelings that you and BTR appear to think all Christians
>>have. Luckily they aren't a monolith that all think the same and a
>>significant number feel that we should be accepting of our fellow Gay
>>and Trans people.
>
>To the extent you're right at all I agree I'm unsympathetic to the
>idea of allowing biological males into womens' private spaces like
>restrooms and change rooms.

I agree that letting people with male body parts use women rest rooms
isn't something we should be doing. Until a Trans person has female
body parts they should be using a male rest room.

> I tend to ONLY consider what their bodies
>actually are rather than their affinity for a gender - i.e my view is
>that a man who is transitioning to womanhood hasn't done so as long as
>he's got a penis. There are enough women out there (far too many
>actually) who have had problems with sexual molestation or harassment
>that they deserve private spaces and thus I reject the idea that a
>'woman' can have a penis because to me that means they haven't
>transitioned yet.
>
>But that it is NOT true that merely saying you're now a woman makes
>you one.
>
>I don't mind there being a "Trans Visibility Day" but when it comes to
>having the President of the United States supporting it - I have to
>ask him "would you publicly support it on 4 July? If so why? If not
>why not?"
>
>Because the way he did it WAS a gratuitous insult and if he's ok with
>that and willing to pay the price for it then so be it.

I don't see it as an insult as I can't see Trans people as being an
insult to Christians. To me one of the main components of Christianity
is an acceptance of others including Trans and gay people. So given
that the day was always on the 31st of March since it was first
created that it was on Easter Sunday this year wasn't an affront to
Christians and Biden just recognizing the worth of Trans people and
their value to their communities doesn't appear to be any sort of
affront to Christianity.

>And if you REALLY want me to flame you say I'm a MAGA type since you
>couldn't be more wrong.

Go ahead and flame me if that makes you feel better as it's all just
words. Nothing like a great flame fest to make people feel better.