Article <e3c734b6a1ce3386210f7700bf03d183334d4d55@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<e3c734b6a1ce3386210f7700bf03d183334d4d55@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Flat out dishonest or totally ignorant? --- Olcott seems to be
 willfully ignorant
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2024 07:44:29 -0400
 <v60red$1kr1q$2@dont-email.me> <v61hn7$1oec9$1@dont-email.me>
 <v61ipa$1og2o$2@dont-email.me> <v61jod$1oec9$2@dont-email.me>
 <v61leu$1p1uo$1@dont-email.me>
 <7b6a00827bfcc84e99e19a0d0ae6028ebcdc263c@i2pn2.org>
 <v620vu$1qutj$2@dont-email.me>
 <f6e8f5de9a1e61c7970a92145ce8c1f9087ba431@i2pn2.org>
 <v628ts$1s632$1@dont-email.me>
 <178edf6a7c5329df35a9af6852ecbd41c0948ea1@i2pn2.org>
 <v629mp$1s632$3@dont-email.me>
 <168858894febbaa529d1704ea864bbe15cb8f635@i2pn2.org>
 <v62bgv$1s632$6@dont-email.me>
 <211a07c98d1fc183ed3e6c079ec1e883dd45f1cc@i2pn2.org>
 <v62f92$20moo$3@dont-email.me>
 <623debd817e63a256100bb15fed3af8d4fb969fe@i2pn2.org>
 <v62hc7$20moo$6@dont-email.me>

On 7/2/24 11:43 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/2/2024 10:23 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> void Infinite_Loop()
>>> {
>>>    HERE: goto HERE;
>>> }
>>>
>>> Why do you say such ridiculously stupid things that you are are false?
>>>

>> And the only CORRECT EMULATION of that program is to infiniately loop
>> in the emulation.
>>

> Not for a freaking termination analyzer nitwit.

Why do they get to lie?

>> Nothing says that you can't make a halt decider work with partial
>> emulation for SOME inputs. But the halt Decider just isn't itself a
>> fully correct emulator.
>>

> You keep stupidly saying that less than an infinite emulation is an
> incorrect emulation. Why do you keep stupidly doing that?

Because it is. Partial emulations only show partial truth, and truth is
the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

BEHAVIOR needs the FULL description of what happens.

There is a difference between taking something from a store, and taking
something but paying for it on the way out.

But, apparently to you those are the same thing,

Now, Emulating something is different than looking at something, perhaps
doing a bit of emulation, and coming up with a description of what it
does (like a decider does). The key is a proper description of what the
thing does would be what that "infinite emulation" of it did, not just
the parts that the decider saw, unless it specifically limits its claims
and admits it isn't giving a full description.

For a witness to conclude that a person stole an item from the store
because he saw him take the item, and then later left, would be
committing perjury if they neglected to mention that there was a period
when they didn't observe the person and they could have paid for it.

In the same way, for the decider to say that the input DOES NOT HALT,
when all the decider actually knows is that it didn't halt during its
partial emulation of it, is just being a LIAR. (and arguing about a
DIFFERENT input with a DIFFERENT decider is also just a LIE).