Article <e41a2d324173031e1fe47acc0fd69b94b7aba55e@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<e41a2d324173031e1fe47acc0fd69b94b7aba55e@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Analytic Truth-makers
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 20:01:11 -0400

On 7/22/24 12:42 PM, olcott wrote:
> I have focused on analytic truth-makers where an expression of language
> x is shown to be true in language L by a sequence of truth preserving
> operations from the semantic meaning of x in L to x in L.
>
> In rare cases such as the Goldbach conjecture this may require an
> infinite sequence of truth preserving operations thus making analytic
> knowledge a subset of analytic truth.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldbach%27s_conjecture
>
> There are cases where there is no finite or infinite sequence of
> truth preserving operations to x or ~x in L because x is self-
> contradictory in L. In this case x is not a truth-bearer in L.

So, now you ADMIT that Formal Logical systems can be "incomplete"
because there exist analytic truths in them that can not be proven with
an actual formal proof (which, by definition, must be finite).

I guess you will stop saying that Godel must be wrong.

Godel's statement G, that says that there is no natural number g that
satifies a specific Primative Recursive Relationship that was developed
in a Meta-Theory of the F that the statement G is put in.

This statement is shown to be true by a proof in that meta-theory, and
shown to be true by an infinite set of steps in the Theory F, and it is
shown that there can not be a finite proof in F to prove the statement G.

I guess now you admit that is all correct, and all your rebuttals about
it not possible being true were just your own mistakes that became lies
by the reckless disregard for the actual truth that you now see and
apparently renounce your old arguements.

Note, your claim of them being "rare" cases is likely not really true.
The problem is that unless we find a meta-theory to support a proof of
the statement, we can't tell if the statement IS true, so who knows how
many of the unsolved problems are actually unsolvable in their system.