Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<eaa0ef93ca03f744edc4fbcf6e79fc730805cce9.camel@gmail.com>

From: wij <wyniijj5@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++
Subject: Re: Can someone please verify the execution trace of this?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 20:37:53 +0800

On Sun, 2024-05-19 at 21:43 -0500, olcott wrote:
> On 5/19/2024 8:52 PM, Bonita Montero wrote:
> > >=20
> > > It is the basis for my two decades long primary research into=20
> > > termination analysis. People on another forum have written
> > > hundreds of posts claiming that D correctly simulated by H
> > > reaches its own line 06 and halts.
> > >=20
> > > *I have only gotten truthful answers on this forum*
> > >=20
> >=20
> > That's not research, that's nonsense.
> >=20
>=20
> This is not the forum to show that it is not nonsense this is
> a simple C question that I should not even have to ask except
> for a few people in another forum that consistently lie about
> the answer.
>=20
> I have been a professional C++ developer since Y2K. So I already
> know the answer, I just need some competent people in this forum
> to attest to this answer. I met Bjarne Stroustrup back when he
> was going around the country promoting his new language.
>=20

typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function
int H(ptr x, ptr y);
int D(ptr x)
{
  int Halt_Status =3D H(x, x);
  if (Halt_Status)
    HERE: goto HERE;
  return Halt_Status;
}

int main()
{=20
  H(D,D);
  return 0;
}

The code above does not compile:
1. D does not fit the protocol H accepts --> After there years, you finally
   learn to use typedef but still not seem to understand it.
2. H is not defined --> cannot compile to executable=20

You are trapped in an infinite recursive call.
You finally know it is an infinite recursive call. But the Halting Problem=
=C2=A0
asks for a program to answer the halting question, NOT YOU to answer the
question. According to GUR, even the H were your god, he neither can provid=
the correct answer.

Besides, you just posted another proof that you lied again, fake false repo=
rts
of what you did and saw, hiding the actual result and tell what you like to
believe. Strictly, this is what all human may do, you are just too stupid.=
=C2=A0
The relevant part of your brain is burnt.