Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ead2dfa7-e997-a0e1-26d7-9b783a2a9bd3@invalid.nospam>

From: Newyana2 <newyana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,ca.driving
Subject: Re: It's a myth that cellphone use caused the accident rate to rise
 in the USA
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 09:32:01 -0400

On 5/26/2024 7:38 AM, badgolferman wrote:

> Drivers using their cellphones tend not to move with the flow of traffic,
> instead going slower and keeping excessive space in front of them. This has
> the effect of pissing off people behind them who try their damnest to get
> around them. Distracted drivers can’t stay in their lane, leading to other
> drivers having to avoid them. Distracted drivers fail to go when the
> traffic light turns green and cause cars farther back to miss the light
> cycle and wait again for the green light. There are many more examples, but
> you get the picture. Surely you can add more.

    I see that constantly. It used to be that someone who drove
slow and/or erratic was almost certainly elderly, so I'd try to be
patient. These days it's almost always the case that they're
simply on the phone.

   Though yesterday I saw a lot of such people doing things like
stopping to pull a u-turn or slowing down at each side street.
I realized that most of them were tourists or non-locals in town
for a Memorial Day cookout. What a relief. :)