Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ec13205c589612d6e0491aa67122986f@www.novabbs.com>

From: RodionGork <rodiongork@github.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Hand-wound coil in Colpitts oscillator
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 15:51:28 +0000

> There's going to be capacitance between the turns, but it will be
> picofarads rather than nanofarads. You can measure it by measuring
> resonant frequency of the coil in isolation - exciting it from a
> variable frequency generator through a judiciously chosen resistor

Thanks for the technique explanation. I guess it is going to be bit too
high resonant frequency to be measurable with anything I have at hand, but
perhaps I can improvise something.

> The inductance might increase a thousand times if you found an ungapped
> pot core pair that could clamp around the core.

Oh, I completely forgotten core should be "closed" (I guess a ring would do
also).
Pieces I used are mainly sticks of old magnetic antennas etc, that's no
good.

> Yours is a dumb newbie post - sci.electronics.design is normally
> populated by people who know a bit more about what they are doing.

That's true, I sincerely apologize and promise to make better attempt next
time, thanks for your patience!

--
to email me substitute github with gmail please