Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<edh1vil5pcoisqfid2hab7urrimpnkbct9@4ax.com>

From: Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Where will it go?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 21:19:57 +0000

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:51:35 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:22:32 +0000) it happened Cursitor Doom
><cd@notformail.com> wrote in <t7i0vilp7hotbe2alnse53ij9onl62jb5s@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 05:50:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Research sheds light on new strategy to treat infertility
>>>OHSU research advances technique to turn a skin cell into an egg; could help same-sex couples, others have children genetically
>>>related to both parents
>>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240308142739.htm
>>>
>>>Now where will it go?
>>
>>Read Huxley much?
>
>Did you mean Aldous Huxley?
>Never read about him or things he wrote, so google gave me his link:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley
>interesting, seems he got addicted in the end, wanted LSD on his deathbed?

I don't believe it's possible to become addicted to LSD. Huxley wanted
it once again on his deathbed to make a horrible demise into something
special. Just for old times sake.

>but I do recognize some things in his thinking..
>Went trough similar things, never got addicted though always rationalize.
>Maybe my will is too strong.
>My father used to say: Where there is a will there is a way.
>To go full circle to the skin and egg thing... may even become the normal
>But human + chicken egg? LOL Who knows

Huxley's work was *so* much more than The Doors of Perception. I
suggest you read Brave New World, then you'll see the relevance of my
initial comment. It's all about that future.