Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<efh73j58beoubh2gdg3oajd8snqcrdrn9m@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: American Community Survey
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 13:06:19 -0400

On Thu, 02 May 2024 09:55:31 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 02 May 2024 12:15:59 -0400, Catrike Ryder
><Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>
>>Got the request in the mail today...
>>They make it appear like it's related to my community
>
>ACS is a program operated and funded by the US Census Burro.
><https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs>
>They're not selling anything.
>
>>Somehow it found it's way into the trash when I tossed out the other
>>"resident of" garbage.
>>
>>I go along with stating my name and age every ten years, but this
>>other crap is none of their business.
>
>I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your data is their
>business.

No, it's not.  They don't need to know how many times I've been
married, how long I've lived in my present address, and how much
college I've had.

> You might not like it, but it's your tax dollars that are
>supporting such data collection at the federal level.

Of course it's tax dollars that funds it

>It's not too late to join the herd.  You can fill out the survey
>online:
><https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/respond/respond-online.html>

No can do. It requires the code that was printed on the thing that's
deep down in the trash can under the greasy rags I used to clean my
chain.