Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<eli$2404202323@qaz.wtf>

From: Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com>
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego
Subject: Re: Lego 35mm camera
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 03:44:21 -0000 (UTC)

In rec.toys.lego, Kyonshi  <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/14/2024 5:16 AM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> > This Lego Ideas proposal for a working 35mm camera, using the existing
> > magnifying lens, looks wonderful. A bit over 6000 votes now and abot 150
> > days to reach the 10,000 mark.
> >
> > https://ideas.lego.com/projects/87367099-a72a-4796-afa7-895a58ed932a
> Ohhh, and functional as well?
> but where do we get the film to use in that one?

I can walk ten minutes and be at a photo shop selling and developing
35mm and medium format film. I expect Amazon will see it to you too, but
they won't develop. I mostly shoot subminiature with film and
development from Blue Moon Camera out of Portland, Oregon (not my state,
let alone walkable).

> I assume it still can be found in some places, but I don't
> think I even saw any the last few years.

Even my local drug store has film and developing still, but just barely.
They mostly do digital prints and send the film out somewhere.

And to respond to downthread comments, the pictures I have seen from it
are not quality. It's what you might expect from using a homemade
camera with a plastic lens and plastic shutter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgLTYiYrh-y/
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ODakoy4eIbE

The appeal of a dancing bear isn't that the bear dances well, but the
bear dances at all.

Elijah
------
has two functional cameras using Minox 8x11 mm film