Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<eli$2406111712@qaz.wtf>

From: Eli the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: programming/scripting on an Android device - suggestions ?
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 21:12:45 -0000 (UTC)

In comp.mobile.android, R.Wieser <address@is.invalid> wrote:
> Following the link to the webpage (and to https://wiki.termux.com/ ) it
> seems to be an all-in-one program, trying to emulate a Linux environment.
> And thats (currently) not what I'm after.
>
> Also, AFAIK compiling with GCC doesn't generate anything that will run on an
> android smartphone ?

I compile and run stuff with gcc in Termux. (Notably I only try to
compile command line / TUI programs.)

> Starting with a basic flat-text editor to create scripts and than tapping
> the scrips to run them is, at least for now, more in the direction of what
> I'm after.  Being able to compile a sourcefile into a native program for my
> smartphone would be nice too.

I use Termux:Widget to run scripts from $HOME/.shortcuts/ in a Termux
shell after tapping an icon on the launcher.

> I already have a few flat-text editors to write scripts with, now all I need
> is something(s) which will actually execute those scripts.   Like
> interpreters for LUA, Python and others - and perhaps a compiler or two.

Python, Perl, GCC I have installed. There's few different Lua packages,
but I've never used them. Looks like most recent patch levels of 5.2,
5.3, and 5.4, plus luajit.

My Termux these is mostly ssh and scripts for image processing (rotate
and resize, stripping metadata, sending off to APIs with curl, that sort
of thing).

Elijah
------
a bit of clipboard management, too