Article <f3c235167847a5acfb6ebb850598aad1@www.novabbs.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<f3c235167847a5acfb6ebb850598aad1@www.novabbs.com>

From: hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: No evidence
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 00:06:30 +0000

On Sat, 14 Sep 2024 23:06:47 +0000, LaurenceClarkCrossen wrote:

> Mikko: How can we know the different rates of atomic clocks in space are
> due to gravity when there are numerous differences in that environment
> from Earth?

(1) The satellite clocks are isolated from environmental conditions with
the exception of relative velocity and gravitational field.

(2)
https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2010/09/nist-pair-aluminum-atomic-clocks-reveal-einsteins-relativity-personal-scale

NIST scientists performed the new "time dilation" experiments by
comparing operations of a pair of the world's best experimental
atomic clocks. The nearly identical clocks are each based on the
"ticking" of a single aluminum ion (electrically charged atom)
as it vibrates between two energy levels over a million billion
times per second.

In one set of experiments, scientists raised one of the clocks
by jacking up the laser table to a height one-third of a meter
(about a foot) above the second clock. Sure enough, the higher
clock ran at a slightly faster rate than the lower clock,
exactly as predicted.

The second set of experiments examined the effects of altering
the physical motion of the ion in one clock. (The ions are almost
completely motionless during normal clock operations.) NIST
scientists tweaked the one ion so that it gyrated back and forth
at speeds equivalent to several meters per second. That clock
ticked at a slightly slower rate than the second clock, as
predicted by relativity.