Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<f6i28jtab4d5b32gl8p3tu0irmme6us40t@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for June 23-29, 2024
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 08:03:55 -0400

On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 00:02:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jun 2024 17:55:07 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> What will you bet?
>>
>> I will put a massive $0.01 bet on the NFL returning to OTA and
>> dropping the Sunday Ticket. Yes, I'm that confident. Of course even if
>> it did happen it might not happen till a decade or more of court cases
>> are worked through.
>
>That wasn’t the bet. The bet I offered was that my cable price would go
>down. There’s no way in hell they’ll ever take off that ESPN whether or not
>they’re providing me with any sports.

True. As long as ESPN is on the cable/satellite systems prices aren't
going down even if ESPN can't show a single NFL game.

>>> lol

>>> True, but not favorably.
>>
>> Oh, I agree, but people kept guessing what the show was about for
>> years while the show was still on the air.

>>> It’s not like Marvel is making action hero movies anymore anyway. Certainly
>>> not with white men.
>>
>> True, they do seem to have a focus on women now for their action hero
>> movies. I wonder how that is working out for them.
>
>Well, the most recent stinky cheese Larson offering something like $300
>million.

Which sounds like a lot but how much did they spend on making it and
the marketing the movie.

>> It's actually not a bad idea if they had good stories/writing and had
>> some compelling actors. So far they've managed to fail on all
>> accounts. I thought they had a great concept with MS MARVEL if they
>> had stuck with the new hero trying to come grips with her powers and
>> how it changes her life. Then the writers feared they wouldn't get a
>> second season to tell their story so they rushed the character
>> development (she went from barely being able to use her powers to
>> doing all sorts of stunts in just the course of a day or two) and
>> pushed the story to Pakistan so they could bring up the
>> Indian/Pakistan history. Oh, and they introduced the coolest character
>> in the leader of the Red Band only to kill him off shortly after we
>> met him.
>
>I thought Ms. Marvel augered in with the second episode where they made all
>kinds of weird changes from the pilot.
>

>> All of which would have been fine if it had played out over a second
>> season but it was a massive shift in tone and the style of the story
>> telling (lot's of anime/cartoon scenes in the first three episodes
>> that kept it light hearted. That disappeared after those episodes.)
>>

>I was long gone by episode four.

Four was where it got weird like it was an entirely different show. I
swear it had to be the writers being desperate to get their
India/Pakistan history tale in their show so they moved everything up
from what might have been a good second season plot line to fill up
the second half of the first season.