Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<fbfc6j16ucghtc0pilhmrecifh1ei5upmt@4ax.com>

From: john larkin <jl@650pot.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: TOT: Kitchen Appliances
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2024 16:47:09 -0700

On Sun, 9 Jun 2024 17:38:38 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<cd999666@notformail.com> wrote:

>Gentlemen,
>
>That other thread on UK power outlets and appliances reminded me of
>this....
>I don't get the chance to get back to the UK very often, but have noticed
>through the online versions of newspapers and whatnot that there's a bit
>of a phenomenon going on at present with what are called "air fryers" -
>not sure if they're called the same thing in the US and other English
>speaking countries. Anyway, the Brits are obsessed with them it appears.
>They're essentially compact, table-top electric ovens and they've sold
>like they're going out of fashion. The demand for these things has been
>*huge* in Britain. Have they caught on elsewhere is my question. Anyone
>know?
>
>CD.

I was just at Safeway and I noticed "air fryer oil" for the first
time. So I guess they are here in the USA.

Another gadget that will be out front with a FREE sign some day,
probably. With all the goofy exercize equipment and exotic water
bottles and strange coffee things.