Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<fcdd1fe8-8c3c-c1d8-ac0b-1dd52567883e@example.net>

From: D <nospam@example.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Re: Readercon code of conduct
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 12:10:51 +0200

On Mon, 27 May 2024, Mike Van Pelt wrote:

> If something much worse than COVID comes along (like MERS
> or SARS cutting loose) we will be very glad the tech exists.
>
> Still, I can see some justification for considering the shot
> *slightly* on the experimental side, and am uneasy about the
> draconian mandates.

This sounds like a very mature and balanced view. Note that I do not
include myself in the category mature and balanced most of the time. ;)

> People who object to taking the mRNA vaccine, but do not
> object to other vaccines, I have little problem with.

This might comes as a shock, but I don't. ;) The people I discussed with
I assume, assume I am against all vaccines, which is not the case. My
main beef is with corona and how badly it was handled globally.

> The across the board anti-vaxxers, on the other hand, the
> ones who are reponsible for the return of measels, diptheria,
> whooping cough, rubella, etc...  those people are PERNICIOUS
> MORONS who should go live on an isolated island somewhere so
> they can only infect each other.

If that was not possible, would you like them to be killed? I think they
should be allowed to live as they like. I am in no way forced to
interact with them, and they are in no way forced to interact with me.

There are public spaces, but if you start to regulate those, we are
straight on our way to 100% authoritarianism, so I'll take the risk that
there can be morons, anti-vaxers, killers and criminals in public spaces
any day, over overregulating who may or may not be part of society.

> (Talking at YOU, RFKJr.)

Is he in this forum? ;)