Article <ffeb623cfe8cb0cc65ebe55cd73cf83e8ff305d1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ffeb623cfe8cb0cc65ebe55cd73cf83e8ff305d1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Analytic Truth-makers
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 22:15:28 -0400
 <v7og8o$17h8r$8@dont-email.me>

On 7/23/24 10:55 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/23/2024 6:30 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> That you stupidly screw up the meaning of what I said in your own head
>>> is your stupidity and not my dishonesty.
>>
>> So, what does it mean that it is analytic truth, if not that it is a
>> truth?
>>

> L is the language of a formal mathematical system.
> x is an expression of that language.
>
> When we understand that True(L,x) means that there is a finite
> sequence of truth preserving operations in L from the semantic
> meaning of x to x in L, then mathematical incompleteness is abolished.

Except that it doesn't mean that, except to a liar.

You even agreed that not a true statements have a finite sequence of
steps, you are admit that you definition here is just false and your
stating it a a definition to be a LIE.

> ~True(L,x) ∧ ~True(L,~x)
> means that x is not a truth-bearer in L.
> It does not mean that L is incomplete

And thus you show yourself to be a LIAR, as you just said that the
Goldbach's conjecture COULD be an Analytic Truth, and thus a Truth
Bearer, even if it didn't meet your supposed new definitoion of "Truth".

All you have done is LIED and named the "Provable" predicate to be now
called "True" in your system. It CAN'T be a "truth" predicate, because
it doesn't correctly handle statement you have agreed are true.