Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<fjs8vi9nb6d2trml31bpqg3a7n16rv4hqp@4ax.com>

From: John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Shielding spacecraft against cosmic radiation
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:10:02 -0700
References: <usosc0$18otd$1@solani.org> <34h1vihp32geb2olkcscfksbr8k0bdgdmu@4ax.com> <usrjfr$19rlq$1@solani.org> <ae13viptr1sskaqq1h2ru1j9i85sdecfrd@4ax.com> <usu4in$1bf46$1@solani.org> <in46vipa7a3eb6q7au6alobve5vfmv5jso@4ax.com> <usv9kg$1bn8q$1@solani.org> <s3d6vi95gfrbs6omoula55soaktalpggru@4ax.com> <ut0tb7$1cfla$1@solani.org> <eb58vidh7uivropd4lb3tjbf5iam87cid2@4ax.com> <ut18na$1d0b5$1@solani.org> <lun8vido07cnl5t4n7t7gl08e3sbinqpr3@4ax.com> <ut1qsr$1da25$1@solani.org>

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:52:57 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Mar 2024 08:04:17 -0700) it happened John Larkin
><jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <lun8vido07cnl5t4n7t7gl08e3sbinqpr3@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:42:50 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>Did you actually READ the
>>> https://phys.org/news/2022-03-insight-life.html
>>>link?
>>>It is all very simple.
>>
>>Too simple. It's not DNA, not cells, it's unlikely to continue
>>replicating outside the lab, and, being a lab experiment, is
>>"intelligent design." Well, moderately intelligent.
>>
>>Lots of chemical reactions can be forced to replicate in the lab.
>>
>>>Life is everywhere buzzing
>>>just like electrons around atoms
>>>
>>>The religious leaders have various routines to keep their power and palaces,
>>>suck your money and wash you brain and force you into obedience
>>>Take a step back.
>>>The rain-dances ended when rain-radar was more accurate
>>>Our lifeform has evolved something called 'ego' to protect ourself.
>>>We are not that more complex than that sunshade with photo sensor that has a voice added
>>>so when the sun shines it says 'sun', I am closing, and if no sun, I am opening.
>>>That, in short, is all consciousness is.
>>>Never the less we are all connected, these days via radio and teefee too.
>>>Drop the mystics
>>>

>>Blind faith hand-waving about random mutation and selection is mystic.
>>Conjecturing about an actual, unlikely but plausible, origin of life
>>is not.
>>
>>One big problem with accounting for DNA life is that an entire class
>>of possible mechanisms is sneered at because considering them invokes
>>the fear of drifting even slightly towards religion, and we can't
>>allow that. You do that, mocking anything that you think might drift
>>in that direction. Dawkins said that he was a capital-A Atheist first,
>>and everything else flowed from that.
>>
>>He was capital-B Boring too, as compulsive believers tend to be.
>
>Well no use educting the brain washed.
>Best of luck special heap of cells.
>It is not bad that 'I' do not know what you babble about., much worse is that 'you' do not know.

As one rich and famous person said, "Don't be a jerk. Nobody likes
jerks."