Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<frvu3jh6lj91hpd0u5ifsl57aifkeshi7k@4ax.com>

From: John Larkin <jjSNIPlarkin@highNONOlandtechnology.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Another design
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 07:29:26 -0700

On Fri, 10 May 2024 18:17:47 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>"piglet" <erichpwagner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Edward Rawde <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>> "John Larkin" <jjSNIPlarkin@highNONOlandtechnology.com> wrote in message

>>> Ok here's the spec.
>>>
>>> Input voltage range 10.5V to 12.6 V. Preferably 10V to 15V.
>>>
>>> Minimum efficiency. 80%
>>>
>>> Inductor not bigger than 68uH 1A. Preferably smaller.
>>>
>>> One, two or three LEDs at 500mA +/- 50mA
>>>
>>> Filtered LED feed referenced to ground.
>>>
>>> Maximum total LED wiring length. 12 inches.
>>>
>>> EMC compliant in all countries.
>>>
>>> Cost. Minimum which will meet spec.
>>>

>> My LM311 based idea works ok with 68uH inductors too. Efficiency is above
>> 80% for supply 10 to 13V and still 77% at 16V
>>
>> Haven't explored 1, 2 or 3 LED outputs.
>>
>> You didn't say if "ground" was input negative or positive but if positive
>> ground then flip the circuit over and use a cheaper N-channel FET :)
>>
>> The input to a buck converter is pulsed current - you have mentioned
>> output
>> leads but some, possibly extensive, filtering will be needed on the input.
>
>That makes me wonder whether the input could be made near enough DC by using
>two converters.
>One taking current when the other isn't. Perhaps two LEDs each.
>
>Thanks for all your input. I think I'm just about done with this unless John
>Larkin want to show his pfet and one npn circuit.
>

>> Pay me for EMC compliance :)
>>
>> --
>> piglet

Something like this should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/su03d8gaxbi67zhufz3th/LED_CC_Reg_1.jpg?rlkey=oh4ib9011ee1c74ih7hk7dzcb&raw=1

But I'd rather use a TPS562208, which would be cheaper and simpler and
has spread-spectrum to help the EMC thing by about 20 dB.