Article <fzGdnSwo9PJOgDz7nZ2dnZfqnPUAAAAA@earthlink.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<fzGdnSwo9PJOgDz7nZ2dnZfqnPUAAAAA@earthlink.com>

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: Broken Intel MBP's top left USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.portables,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 15:29:23 +0000

In comp.sys.mac.portables Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
> Hello,

> A 2020 13.3" Intel MBP (A2251 model; MWP62LL/A)'s top left
> USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port stopped working for power charging and
> connecting with original Apple USB-C power and third party power
> adapters (e.g., Anker). I even tried to connecting Apple's USB-C Digital
> AV Multiport Adapter and iPhones, but macOS Ventura v13.6.7's top right
> notification says "USB Accessories Disabled -- Unplug the accessory
> using too much power to re-enable USB devices." even with direct iPhone
> connected with USB-C and lighting cables! Also, no HDMI video too.

> The other three ports worked fine so I suspect this port is busted since
> I used it a lot. I looked inside and things looked OK (not dirty and
> dusty), but it was tiny and hard to see inside. Does anyone know what
> else to try? I wonder if it got fried inside. I sniffed that port and
> didn't smell anything unusual. My client said that port stopped working
> during his out of country week hot and humid trip.

> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I just tried two USB-C hardwares (a flash stick and a mouse) on this
"broken" USB-C/TB3 port. Both also failed to connect and macOS Ventura
v13.6.7 says "USB Accessories Disabled -- Unplug the accessory using too
much power to re-enable USB devices." I think this hardware port is
broken. What do you think?
--
"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God ??? through Jesus Christ our Lord!" --Romans 7:24-25. So many issues!
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.