Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<gJKcnUwp6a9VUtr7nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Biden Says the Quiet Part Out Loud
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 21:44:40 +0000

On May 17, 2024 at 1:17:43 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 17 May 2024 19:25:05 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 17, 2024 at 12:28:31 AM PDT, "The Horny Goat" <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>>  Why is it unjust to insist on ID when one is registering to vote?
>>
>> Because-- and the racist Democrats actually said this out loud-- black people
>> aren't smart enough to find the DMV and obtain an ID like the rest of us do.
>
> I haven't seen that be suggested, but I do recall people bringing up
> places like South Dakota where the nearest DMV may be hours away.

One wonders, then, if black people are uniquely unable to go to that far-flung
DMV, how it is that driver licenses can be required to drive a vehicle in
South Dakota in the first place?

If it's racist to ask for an ID to vote because black people can't easily get
the ID, then it would be equally racist to require a license to drive if it
disproportionately affects blacks to such a degree.

Based on federal civil rights law and the Court cases that have followed from
them, there's no way a state could legally even require a license to drive if
doing so resulted in virtually barring an entire class of people from
something as essential to modern life as the ability to drive a car, based on
nothing but their race.