Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<gesk2jtr53co4h89su9gqsjkuporj5edbf@4ax.com>

From: Marge On Marge On <sph@inc.ter>
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fish "Fry-Day"
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 16:23:06 -0600

On 04 May 2024 21:47:58 GMT
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> Carbs aren't necessary for good health.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32102704/

in certain genetic defects, such as glycogen storage disease type I,
absence of dietary carbohydrates causes abnormalities that are resolved
with dietary supplementation of carbohydrates. Therefore, dietary
carbohydrates may be defined as conditionally essential nutrients
because they are nutrients that are not required in the diet for the
general population but are required for specific subpopulations.

https://ajcn.nutrition.org/article/S0002-9165(23)06195-6/fulltext

the complete absence of dietary CHO entails the breakdown of fat to
supply energy [glycerol as a gluconeogenic substrate, and ketone bodies
as an alternative fuel for the central nervous system (CNS)], resulting
in symptomatic ketosis. Data in childhood are unavailable, but ketosis
in adults can be prevented by a daily CHO intake of about 50 g. This
value appears to approximate the quantity of glucose required to
satisfy minimal glucose needs of the CNS and during starvation. The
Group therefore concluded that the theoretical minimum intake of zero
should not be recommended as a practical minimum.