Article <gj06cj1kimofmc8u9kt250diqmchn1pf2d@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<gj06cj1kimofmc8u9kt250diqmchn1pf2d@4ax.com>

From: John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: cyclists attack auto driver
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 17:27:53 +0700
References: <v9ldee$10n7m$7@dont-email.me> <v9ldkv$11ai1$2@dont-email.me> <uefubjl289nishqcq5eqdeqdj0vj0rt7t6@4ax.com> <v9o65q$1h8t3$1@dont-email.me> <0ibvbjtnogf47avmn1v8rj5sf94g9corum@4ax.com> <v9ot76$1kbqe$3@dont-email.me> <v9p1b4$1kr20$4@dont-email.me> <r7m2cjtbv5ukduqa852b1o87o9pfh97o8n@4ax.com> <v9tf33$2fm0s$4@dont-email.me> <4pk4cjh6lokkmah8hu0dfqu0gq99akff7l@4ax.com> <v9u4bv$2is2s$3@dont-email.me> <nns5cjhvfa23vbjhongnv94u0bs1ags6tl@4ax.com>

On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 03:42:14 -0400, Catrike Ryder
<Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Aug 2024 20:41:35 -0400, Frank Krygowski
><frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>On 8/18/2024 4:19 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:

>>> That's nonsense. My dad's old Winchester model 69 (1930s) had an eight
>>> round mag. My Colt Woodsman had a ten round mag. That didn't count the
>>> one in the pipe. Counting that, put all the Wichester model 94s at 7
>>> rds.
>>
>>I know those guns exist.
>
>No you don't. You never heard of them until I mentioned them.
>
>>I'm betting John's family didn't have them.
>
>You obviously have no idea how many hunters have had a Winchester 94.
>I had one years ago. The one I had was a carbine and only had a 6 rd
>mag. The model 94 rifle produced today has an 8 rd mag.  The 94 stands
>for 1894, by the way.
>
>> And
>>while I may be wrong, it's certain that the earliest family members he
>>bragged about did not have them, but probably still hunted successfully.
>>A competent hunter doesn't need even six quick shots.
>

><LOL>  As if you'd know anything about competent hunting.

I really can't figure where Frankie is gets his ideas and I can only
assume that like Tom, just makes then up.

 Above he writes, "also that your family never owned a gun that could
fire more than,  say, six rounds in a minute."

As I've said a number of times my father had a hunting rifle built on
a Springfield army rifle base. 5 round magazine and one up the spout
is 6 and I could, with no problems at all fire 6 rounds in a minute
and if you want to talk about pistols I'm sure that you can fire your
Colt Woodman even faster.

The British   infantry fired an exercise formally known as "Practice
number 22, Rapid Fire, The Musketry Regulations, Part I, 1909",
requiring the rifleman to fire 15 rounds at a "Second Class Figure"
target at 300 yd (270 m). The practice was described as; "Prone. Rifle
to be loaded and 4 rounds in the magazine before the target appears.
minute allowed". and often referred to as "the Mad Minute".

The first record was set by Sergeant Major Jesse Wallingford  scoring
36 hits on a 48-inch target at 300 yards.

But more to the point Frankie tells us, day after day, abut the danger
of fast firing guns and goes on and on about shooting kids in school
(which is a sad subject) when, in reference to fast firing guns he so
obviously doesn't know what he is talking about, as he so adroitly
demonstrates above.

But what else does he get wrong? For example,he tells us that we only
buy guns because some tell us to, and he knows that how? Has he
conducted a study of why people buy guns? If he has why is he keeping
it a secret, or is it simply a matter of ignorance as his firing rate
limits that he so generously provides above. Wrongly :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.