Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<gm1u0jp0g2j3jhamarsfe7d3r8ij93jim9@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:05:02 -0400

On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:02:19 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <uumno6$p8sf$2@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel said he's looking at America in a new light
>> after a recent visit to Japan.
>>
>> The 56-year-old said his trip abroad made him realize that the U.S. is
>> unsanitary compared to the land of the rising sun.
>>
>> "After traveling to Japan, I realize that this place, this USA we're always
>> chanting about, is a filthy and disgusting country," he said during his
>> monologue on Monday night's episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
>
>I agree with him. My trip to Tokyo was an eye-opener. I've never seen a
>city so clean and beautiful with pleasant, polite, happy people
>everywhere you go. Its only drawback was that-- of all the places I've
>been around the world-- it's one of the harder cities to get around and
>function in if you don't speak the language. I thought at the time that
>if I spoke and read Japanese, I'd consider living in Tokyo for good if I
>could.

But my understanding is you would have a difficult time living there
because you aren't Japanese. Things like buying a home would be very
difficult for you. So it really sounds like a great place to visit as
a foreigner but not so to permanently live as a foreigner. As for the
cleanliness isn't Singapore another place that's kept exceptionally
clean but hot and humid.

>Coming back to the shit-pile Los Angeles has become in just the last 10
>short years was very disheartening.

Of course LA is going to be disheartening just from all the homeless
on the streets.