Article <hkscdjdhphoosj9a0r8e7ejt91dft9pq8d@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<hkscdjdhphoosj9a0r8e7ejt91dft9pq8d@4ax.com>

From: John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: People Without Meaningful Lives Seek Power Over Others
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2024 09:27:43 +0700
References: <van784$3fmps$3@dont-email.me> <sEIzO.81262$Oqi9.29478@fx16.iad> <vanrf4$3j0ji$3@dont-email.me> <L%NzO.4114$eS_9.1269@fx04.iad> <vaooit$3qjup$2@dont-email.me> <XWnAO.175025$Oqi9.626@fx16.iad> <v154dj1mf1cbimohl06cirrnn96imug6bs@4ax.com> <Y%rAO.149802$jia4.79040@fx18.iad> <gpm4dj9tlf6vl54b32fgg5ahtphg6k6h8o@4ax.com> <0RlBO.3$8bZd.0@fx02.iad> <uesbdjdcpa4ch2qfgchetasv0ltte34lj3@4ax.com> <u6lcdjl76eijqb1sdcf60st0jaos2qt9d6@4ax.com> <vb5mkg$31vc8$1@dont-email.me>

On Mon, 2 Sep 2024 19:52:34 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 9/2/2024 7:20 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Sep 2024 10:51:13 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I think you have cause and effect confused.  It's much like college.
>>> In the distant past, college was a place where the sons (not the
>>> daughters) of the aristocracy would go to learn how to be gentlemen.
>>> Eventually, the commoners noticed that these college students were
>>> rather wealthily.  Using your logic, they concluded that anyone who
>>> attends college will become wealthy.  So, they sent their sons to
>>> college and waited for the money to roll in.  Rather than admit that
>>> their logic was faulty, they just perpetuated the myth and produced
>>> today's college mess.  I suggest you not make the same mistake with
>>> IQ.
>>>
>>> Your idea of success seems to be to amass a large pile of money.
>>> However, that only works if you can display your wealth for the world
>>> to see through conspicuous consumption.  So far, I haven't seen any
>>> photos or videos of your opulence, lavish possessions or donations to
>>> worthwhile charities.  When was the last time you purchased a shiny
>>> new bicycle?  With millions in the bank (or in your mattress), you
>>> could easily afford a new bicycle built to your exacting standards.
>>>
>>> If you don't spend the money, the only people who benefit from your
>>> alleged wealth are the bankers and tax collectors.  How can you
>>> advertise yourself as successful if nobody sees your signs of success?
>>> You can put on an act and pretend to be successful, but you would have
>>> great difficulty maintaining that fraud for more than a few years.

>>> To make you look dumb by comparison, to keep you entertained and
>>> because intelligence tends to pay better than stupidity.
>>
>> Not argue but in England, for certain, in the U.S. for perhaps a bit
>> less, attending the proper schools and as a result speaking with the
>> proper accent was very important.
>> In fact I worked with a bloke was spending a large portion of his
>> salary to keep his daughter in a very  (socially) proper British
>> collage.
>>

>Did she get her Mrs. Degree?

("-) I don't know she was still in school when the project ended.

But, as he explained you first needed to get her through an "up
market" "grade school" (I don't think that is a British term) and into
the "proper" collage. He had his mind set on Oxford or Cambridge.

--
Cheers,

John B.